Making Memes

 

I quite enjoyed making political memes because I find it to be a nice, creative outlet to conveying my political views to a tumultuous society. I made this one concerning bipartisanship because I honestly feel that, now more than ever, we are a completely divided nation - in terms of politics, ideals, and morals. This makes me truly wonder if the Democrats and the Republicans are ever going to establish some common ground and work together as opposed to against each other. 
I find this to be another political meme that a lot of people in this day and age would be able to relate to in a bit more of a light hearted manner. I have a lot of intelligent friends who are either a steadfast Democrat or Republican and have no desire to be in the same room together without an argument of some kind to discuss the presidential election and whether or not it was rigged, President Biden’s competency, Covid-19, and the overall state of our country - I have heard it all! I hardly ever insert myself into the heated discussion unless it there is too much disrespect being given to someone, so for the most part, I get the advantage of listening in and hearing two opposing views at once and therefore educating myself on both fronts. 

I have a lot of friends who date and are registered as opposite on the political spectrum. I am more of an independent with tendencies to lean more left at times with some opinions on current events in our nation. My boyfriend is one of the most Republican people you will ever meet. He is classically conservative and is audacious enough to challenge someone to an argument over Biden’s new policies and presidential decisions. He has even argued with me at times when I told him that just because he associates himself more with right-winged ideals, he still needs to be cognizant of his level of respect towards people of more left-winged association in discussions and needs to learn how to educate himself by acknowledging the flip side of a debate with respect and a certain eagerness to enlighten yourself from a different perspective. Sometimes he can be a little too resolute in what he believes in and quite stubborn when one suggests try to combat that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOTO Part I: Ellen Browning Scripps

EOTO PART II

Censorship in our Society